Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer


I read this book a few months ago. I admit I am a bit of a survival wonk, as in the idea of being put in a survival mode fascinates me, though I pray never to have to actually be in a situation in which I would have to survive because I would be toast. Still, I love reading about other unfortunates who are in such situations. Life As We Know It is the story of a high school girl whose world changes drastically when Earth is hit by an asteroid. She and her family have to survive in their house cut off from nearly everyone else. It kept my attention all the way through. I think the author captured what this experience would be like for a teenager trapped with her family. I'd give it a 4 out 5 star rating. (submitted by J.S. - librarian)

1 comment:

KBD said...

jshay ~ No surprises here! With a trunk and basement full of survival supplies, should the avian flu epidemic strike...you're covered.

Yours in health...